Cambodia Investment Review
The latest monthly InterNations event, this month at Samai Rum Distillery, brought together 70 participants hailing from over 35 different countries in what was a global networking extravaganza in Cambodia’s capital.
What set this event apart was not just the diversity of the attendees but also the local support it received. Over 8 local businesses generously sponsored the evening, each contributing exciting prizes that added an extra layer of excitement to the event. Sponsors included:
- VESPA: Giving a limited edition Justin Bieber x Vespa Helmet, gloves, and merchandise!
- TRIBE: Sharing a free night’s stay at the luxurious TRIBE hotel
- PPCS: Providing a free full house clean from the premium cleaning service in Phnom Penh + discount vouchers
- WeWatch: Giving 10 x one month’s subscription to the premium digital entertainment platform WeWatch.
- Sticks ‘n’ Smokes: Sharing a free $40 voucher for Phnom Penh’s best Quality Cigars
- Samai: Giving away 4 cocktail vouchers, and a bottle of Samai Gold Rum 70cl
- Tatie’s: Giving Discount vouchers from the premium and tasty dessert shop
- TELL Restaurant: Providing 4 full meal sets at the premium restaurant in Phnom Penh
A Welcome Change from The Usual Business Networking Event
Speaking after the event, attendee and Country Manager of IPS Adam Fitzpatrick said that what sets InterNations apart is the unique opportunity to blend social and business conversations.
“It’s the first time I’ve joined InterNations and it was a great evening, a welcome change from the usual business networking events I attend. It’s a really diverse crowd and a healthy mix of both local and international attendees from a broad section of the Phnom Penh professional community.”
“Cool venue, great drinks and some awesome new connections, perfect for Friday evening. I am looking forward to attending the next one and will be recommending it to friends and colleagues alike,” he added.
Connecting individuals from various backgrounds and professions
Event organizer, Tom Starkey, said, “This event has truly surpassed our expectations and stands as the highlight of our 2023 events calendar so far. I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to all the participants for joining us and making this event exceptional.”
Looking ahead, Starkey teased exciting plans for the next InterNations gathering. “We are thrilled to announce that our next event will feature live performances and captivating artwork. We can’t wait to share more details soon on our official Telegram channel. It’s going to be an event to remember!”
The evening was a testament to the power of networking, connecting individuals from various backgrounds and professions, including C-suite executives, top-level managers, freelancers, entrepreneurs, socialites, influencers, founders and more.
The Samai Rum Distillery venue added to the charm of the evening, with its rustic yet elegant setting providing the perfect backdrop for forging new connections and strengthening existing ones. As glasses clinked and conversations flowed, it was evident that InterNations had once again succeeded in creating an environment where professionals could network and relax simultaneously.