When you run a media outlet it is truly hard to know what stories will be popular, which articles will go viral and who will share what. Thankfully we have technology to analyze this after the fact, so what were the top 10 clicked Cambodian business articles of 2022 posted by Cambodia Investment Review?
To keep the excitement on this paramount we will go from 10, down to 1.
10. Three key areas of economic development for Cambodia: World Bank
Our tenth most popular article was from February of 2022 and was based around a World Bank report on the three key areas that Cambodia needs to invest in, in their opinion, namely focussing on workers themselves, diversification of exports and harnessing domestic investment.
9. Lacking spark: Why is Cambodia’s light electric vehicle market taking so long to set off?
A popular one for both petrol heads and Elon Musk fans. Amazingly only 0.5 percent of motorcycles in Cambodia are electric, with the car market being almost nonexistent.
8. East Asian FinTech firms seek guidance in Cambodia’s digital economy
Actually written in November of 2021 this still proved our 8th most popular of Cambodian business stories in 2022. In short CIR founder Harrison White takes a look at how fintech firms are seeking guidance in entering this growing market in Cambodia.
7. Explainer: Franchise in Cambodia
Part of a regular series that Cambodia Investment Review run, this deals with the hurdles associated with starting, or obtaining a franchise in Cambodia.
6. Shinta Mani Angkor and Bensley Collection Pool Villas rebranding high-end tourism in Cambodia
With enormous thanks to our friends at Shinta Mani, CIR veteran Gareth spent two days with a private pool and butler as guests of Shinta Mani. The best hotel in Siem Reap? We certainly thought so.
5. Explainer: Work Permits and Visa Requirements for Cambodia
Another part our evergreen explainer series. This deals with how you go about getting a work visa in Cambodia as a foreigner, something much easier than in other ASEAN states.
4. Rising Giants Top 50 Firms Making Moves in Cambodia
From the most renowned business podcast within the Kingdom the list was highlighting companies going into 2022, and Cambodia Investment Review even made the list!
3. Morgan Stanley Firm Buys $43M of ACLEDA Shares
The title pretty much sums up this article. The shares were purchased through Cambodia Securities Exchange marking the largest ever Negotiated Trading Method (NTM) buy.
2. What are the market trends for Cambodian real estate in 2022?
The real estate sectors in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, and Sihanoukville remain subdued due to the lingering effects of the pandemic, but there’s hope for a turnaround in the medium to long-term future, where our predictions true?
1. Prince Group Chairman Neak Oknha Chen Zhi donates $1M to help Laos fight the pandemic
Prince Group is renowned as one of the leading companies in Cambodia, with a diverse range of businesses, including property and their own beer brand. It has even been estimated that they contribute up to one-third of Cambodia’s GDP. The Chinese-born, naturalized Cambodian owner, Chen Zhi, typically keeps a low profile, allowing his extensive philanthropic work to speak for him.